Yesterday several people at once have reported that the announcement of the new Pentax lens – DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 ultrazoom have appeared on the Pentrax Imaging website. But this announcement have disappeared in an hour or two just to appear again couple of hours later. So the Pentax DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 ED AL IF is officially announced.
The new lens looks like rebranded Tamron 18-250mm (that is also available for K-mount) but with Pentax’s proprietary SMC coating.
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 13 groups
- Angle of view: 76° ~6.5° (when mounted on a PENTAX digital SLR camera body)
- Number of diaphragm blades: 7
- Minimum aperture: F22 ~ F45
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.45m (1.48ft) over the entire zoom range
- Filter size: 62mm
- Maximum magnification: 0.28X
- Dimensions & weight: 75mm (maximum diameter) x 85.5mm (length); (3.0 inch x 3.4 inch); 16.0 oz (455g) (without lens hood)